One of your biggest security threats could already be on your payroll. Not just the employees who continue to forget or ignore security awareness basics, but your own security team who could be mentally exhausted from stress and burnout. The kind of exhaustion that can lead to critical mistakes.
The Enormous Benefits of Addressing PsyberHealth
- By simply bringing up the subject or offering advice, you’re immediately showing your entire security team that you’re aware of what they might be struggling with. That’s an instant win.
- Addressing stress, burnout, and mental health issues is great for improving work satisfaction, productivity, and the quality of work. And reducing absenteeism and mistakes.
- Workplaces that openly support employee mental health are shown to be more harmonious, more open, more creative, and have less friction.
- It’s a great recruitment tool amongst a population well aware of the cost of stress and burnout.
If You Do Nothing?
- Performance goes down and risks go up.
- Absenteeism and presenteeism tend to rise on concert with increases in stress.
- You’ll lose valuable team members.
- You may be increasing legal exposure.
The Bottom Line
Unmanaged stress kills slowly. It creates toxic levels of cortisol which in turn creates a number of major physical and emotional health risks including heart and digestive problems, sleep problems, a weakened immune system.
Unmanaged stress also impacts focus, attention, memory, and decision making and at the same time increasing apathy, cynicism, irritability, and loss of interest in the job and mission.